Try Degustabox with yay retro! - Use Code: WBWEO and get money off your first box!
Degustabox is a monthly subscription where you get a range of different food and drinks delivered to your door to try out. It's £12.99 a month (the foods included are always worth more than this), and there are new products and firm favourites included. Newcomers to Degustabox get their first box for just £7.99 with the code above.
June’s Degustabox Reviews by yay retro!
I will be reviewing each item in depth below, after trying them over the coming month. My reviews are honest and true. So you'll read the good with the bad. This month's theme is 'BBQ Selection' and it includes lots of different food products to try from sweets and treats to cook sauces. See below for what's in the box and my reviews as I write them.
1. Capsicana Cook Sauces - two boxes of these well presented cook sauces are included in the box. I received Cuban Chilli & Lime and Brazalian Chilli & Coconut. I really like hot spicy foods sauces which I use with Quorn and these look really tasty. I'm looking forward to using these. You also receive a 50p off voucher with Degustabox. With all the hot weather this month, we have not tried them yet. Will do so as soon as the weather cools! (note the smaller packs in the photo are from July 18's box)
2. Rosie Pig's Raspberry Roller Cider. A raspberry & cucumber flavoured cider. Looks refreshing especially with all this glorious weather we've been having! (note you can opt for an alcohol free box). Took this to a BBQ party and my son enjoyed it.
3. Frylight Avocado Cooking Spray. I always use Frylight and I'd just run out as the box arrived. Perfect timing Degustabox!
4. no&more Raspberry & Blueberry Spring Water. Looking good with no added sugar or sweeteners. With it being so very hot today, this box is fantastic with lots of lovely cold drinks to try. This 'funked up' Spring water has just 25 calories in the bottle. It has just the right level of sweetness with a slightly perfumed taste. This is due to the addition of rose extract. Nice summery flavours in this one.
5. Idahoan Gratin Bake. An easy way to make a cheesy potato bake with this large packet mix.
6. The Jelly Bean Factory, Fairtrade Box. This little box is packed with 36 flavours of jelly beans made with Fairtrade sugar. With flavours ranging from Tangerine to Marshmallow, Sour Lemon to Granny Smith Apple these jelly beans really excite your tastebuds! The flavours are so strong and exciting that ideally you'd just eat one at a time which would make them last ages....hubby and I ate a few at a time and got some crazy flavour hits! Normally retailing at £1.25 box I would say these were a bit of a bargain.
7. Orangina both the regular and light versions. you can't go wrong with this fizzy drink made with real oranges. I can't tell the difference between the normal and no added sugar versions of this drink so would also go for the pale blue label. We had these one sunny evening after work.
8. Peckish BBQ Rice Crackers Multi-pack. This is a pack of 5 bags of rice crisps with a tangy barbecue flavour. They are gluten free and so ideal for those on a gluten free diet. They are also baked not fried. These are nice and crispy, though I would say these could have done with a tad more flavour. They did feel a little bit greasy, so maybe they could do with a little less fat when baking so that more could be included in the pack? There's not many in each 89 calorie bag so we actually ate two packs each at one sitting - oops!
9. Pack of Brioche Pasquier Pains au Lait. Free from additives and artificial flavours this pack of 8 rolls are ideal for savoury or sweet lunches, tea times or BBQs. I plan to use these with Linda McCartney Sausages. They are bound to be great as a hot dog. You also receive a recipe card in the Degustabox for different Brioche fillings from Tomato Salsa to Mac'n'Cheese. In the end I gave these to my daughter-in-law and the family really enjoyed them, it was a large pack and it seemed better for them to enjoy them whilst they were fresh.
10. Great British Biscotti Co pack of 2. This company based in Dorset make 20 different flavours of biscotti! In the Degustabox we get to try Chocolate, Cranberries & Pistachio flavour. My husband really enjoyed these with a properly made coffee - as you can see they are huge, chunky and full of fruit and nuts - yumtastic!
10. Mighty Fine Salted Caramel Honeycomb Bar. I had this whilst working hard on the yay retro! online vintage shop website. OMG!!!!!!!! Tell me where to buy a hundredweight of these now please! The very best honeycomb bar I've ever tasted. It's large, it's chunky, it's crunchy, it's big, bold and blooming fantastic! Covered in Belgian chocolate this is a handcrafted bar with salted caramel inside. (I didn't actually realise the salted caramel part until I read the pack, but maybe that was why it was so amazing). These bars are worth every penny of their £1 price tag. I will be seeking them out!
11. In the non Alcohol box you will have received Fyre Fruit Drinks x 2. Fruit & Spice all natural sparkling drink in Lemon & Ginger and Blueberry, Blackcurrant, Peppers & Chilli flavour. These low calorie fizzy drinks are completely packed full of flavour. Exceedingly refreshing and with a good level of sweetness, the red berry and chilli one was really good, though when I breathed in I coughed as the chilli or pepper got to me - no similar probs for hubby though! The Lemon & Ginger was a natural yellow in colour and was also delicious with a really good does of both lemon and ginger flavours coming through.
Come back to see my pictures and reviews as I work my way through June's delicious Degustabox, and don't forget you can join in the fun with this voucher code: WBWEO at Degustabox