Here at yay retro! we have a great selection of serving dishes and tureens from the 1960s and 70s. From Poole Pottery, Meakin and Lord Nelson Potteries, we choose dishes which make a statement in your kitchen or at your dinner table.
Here are some great ways to use your serving dishes:
- Use as an eye catching ornament in your kitchen, dining room or lounge
- Serve a green salad or homemade coleslaw - the lid will keep insects away on a sunny day
- Serve a fruit salad
- Warm your dish through gently in a low oven, or a bowl of hot water, then serve vegetables at your dinner party
- Store your bits and bobs in it!
- Allow meat to defrost in your dish - the lid will keep it clean and safe
- After gently warming through, serve your main meal at the table
Below is a simple Autumn recipe, perfect for serving in your vintage serving dish....
Recipe for Autumn Sausages in Red Wine (serves 2)
4 Large sausages cut into chunks
1 large onion cut into wedges
Some Olive Oil
A really good slosh (or 2!) of red wine
Tomato Ketchup and Brown Sauce
Salt and Pepper
Fry the sausages and onions in the oil in a pan until the onions are caramalised, and the sausages cooked through. Add a good slosh of red wine, a tablespoon of ketchup and brown sauce. Now simmer until you are sure the sausages are cooked and the sauce has reduced. Serve with boiled potatoes and vegetables. Autumn Heaven made simple!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus