handmade crochet to wear or for the home & artistic makes just for you
Inspired handmade crochet, unique items and gifts to buy
New Potato & Red Pepper Rissoles
Here is a recipe I devised for Vegetable Rissoles last night to use up a pack of new potatoes we had left in the fridge. Really delicious served with a simple green salad. A rissole is normally made with minced cooked meat, however I never cook meat at home these days so came up with this vege version.
What you will need for 4 rissoles (serves 2):
1 small pack of new potatoes 1 clove garlic 1/2 tspn ready prepared chilli in a jar (or similar) 1 medium onion 1 sweet red pepper 1 egg porridge oats for coating freshly pepper and salt Frylight Oil (or similar) frying
1. Boil the potatoes in their skins until soft, drain and mash, skins and all
2. Chop the garlic, onion and pepper. Blend until chopped and combined together
3. Stir the vegetables into the mashed potato with an egg and combine everything together, season with S&P
4. Sprinkle oats onto a dinner plate, now divide the mixture into 4 and form 4 patties, coating with porridge on both sides.
5. Fry the 4 rissoles until golden and cooked through to the middle (about 15 minutes on low)
These are lovely with a green salad. I also like to put lots of vinegar and tomato sauce on mine! Sorry I ate them before taking a photo...Will try to remember to do so next time I make them.